WHY AM I SO ANGRY? IS THIS NORMAL FOR MS?
I get so angry with MS. Feelings I never had before. Is this part of MS? I slapped my husband and never done anything like that before. I follow the Bible, but have never spanked my children. Now I fight the urge. What is happening to me? I get so angry.
6 comments:
Hi, Bette,
Yes, anger is a part of the process we follow -- similar to the stages of grief. These are phases that we move in and out of as we go along. My own anger is mostly a seething or a simmering -- I never boil over. I'm also a non-violent sort, so striking out physically isn't part of my MO, but don't think those thoughts don't cross my mind!
Peace,
Muff
I think it is common to go through the entire grieving process when finding out you have any sort of serious life effecting disease. Anger is one of those.
I forget but think there are like 5 stages, denial, anger, etc.
But I think you have to learn to use the anger in a positive way and not let it suck you in and let it fester.
Since you talk about your church, is there someone there you can talk to?
While anything is possible with MS, perhaps what you are going through is one of the stages of grief following a loss. You were just diagnosed, after all, with a pretty serious illness. At the same time, not everything that will happen to you from now on will be due to MS. So it might require you to evaluate the totality of what is going on in your life to be able to answer your question.
Judy
PS to my earlier comment. No,being angry is not normal for MSers, though like anyone else we will experience anger.
Judy
PPS You might want to try the following link. It is a good MS forum for asking the kinds of questions you have.
http://msworld.org/forum/
Judy
Muffie, those thoughts cross your mind? Must be hard to hold them in. Peace, Bette
MS Day Dreamer, yes, that must feel good when you let it out. Yes, confessing is a good thing.
Judy, I agree, evaluating all the possibilities of the anger is important.
Post a Comment